It may be the dead of winter, but you can still go green! Check out these five easy ways to make your home more eco-friendly and lower your energy bills.
- Insulate the attic. Draftiness can come from poorly insulated windows, but it can also be the result of other sources of cold air that increase heating and cooling costs. Taking a step to properly insulate your attic can save you hundreds of dollars.
- Keep your vents open. It’s often said that closing your vents will save you money, but over time it can lead to your HVAC system leaking and potentially malfunctioning.
- Keep a sweater on hand. While you may prefer to stay cozied up by the fireside all winter long, your pockets will thank you if you just grab your favorite sweater or sweatshirt to keep warm. When at home, set your thermostat between 62 and 65 degrees, or add a space heater to rooms to keep them warm while you’re in them.
- Check (and change) filters. Dust and debris tend to build up in air filters and may cause your heating and cooling systems to work overtime. Before it gets too chilly, switch out any old filters to make sure air flows properly throughout your home.
- Turn off the lights. Holiday light decorations can be fun and exciting, but they can also send your electric bill through the roof. Be sure to cut off all lights inside and outside of the house when they’re not in use.
REMEMBER, if you are considering buying a home, either new construction or resale, we can help you as your Buyers Agent. As your agents, we will protect and defend your interest and advise you throughout the entire process. The agents that sit in the model homes represent the builder/seller, they do not represent you. And, the builder pays the commission! There’s no cost to you! Give us a call to find out how we can work for you!
If I can be of help to you in either buying or selling real estate in the Lowcountry, specifically Bluffton, Hilton Head Island and Beaufort areas, please contact me, Debbie Arriero. In the meantime, please check out these resources:
Have a GREAT day!
Arriero Realty – “Treating You like Family.”
Visit us on Facebook – www.Facebook.com/ArrieroRealtyInc
Debbie Arriero, Office (704) 451-3895
BROUGHT TO YOU BY YOUR REALTOR®, A Member of the Residential Real Estate Council